If you are keeping track of gambling news, then you are already seeing a lot of updates and wagering on the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022. This year’s tournament will be held in Qatar, from November 20 to December 18. For those needing a refresher for this one-in-four-years event, there will be 32 teams or countries competing. They will be competing in eight groups.
Groupings are important to know if you want to join the sportsbook industry because groupings can tell you the chances of teams to win in their respective groups and qualify for the next round of matches. If the country that you support is grouped with strong clubs, then their chances of winning will be lower. In a sports betting perspective, they will be profitable underdogs if they manage a win.
World Cup 2022 Groupings
To begin the tournament, there will be groups A-H, with four teams each. They will be competing with four matches each day in the group stage. This will be for 12 days, and teams will be eliminated as winning teams will move to the Round of 16. The final match for the group stage will be on December 2, and the Round of 16 begins on December 3.
If you are using a bookie pay per head service for your sportsbook, you need not worry about betting lines. But it will help you move the lines as needed if you keep track of the latest FIFA World Cup news. Meanwhile, here are the groupings:
- Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Netherlands, Senegal
- Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales
- Group C: Argentina, Mexico, Poland, and Saudi Arabia
- Group D: Australia, Denmark, France, Tunisia
- Group E: Costa Rica, Germany, Japan, Spain
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Morocco
- Group G: Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland
- Group H: Ghana, Portugal, South Korea, Uruguay